Tuesday, July 5, 2011

a chef's lament

So ever since i decided to go into cullinary school. I have been on this cooking/baking binge. I'm constantly on the food network website looking for new recipes to try. I figured i need to get working on my skill so i can actually accomplish something in school plus seeing as though it will probably be a little while before i actually get to go into cullinary school since they don't have one here in st. george i didn't want to waste time. I also wanted to see if i'm any good at it so if i need to change my mind and decide its not something i want to do i can figure it out now before school starts. So ever since my little(ok huge) binge started I have come to the conclusion that i'm just confused. I have days where things work out great and i think i'm really getting the hang of things and then i have other days where the recipes i'm trying for some reason doesn't work out and can't for the life of me figure out why and i get frustrated and think maybe cullinary isn't my thing. Its funny though everytime that happens where i have those moments of weakness where i say i'm going to give up and pick a new career the next recipe i try works out perfectly and it leaves me kinda annoyed. I'm excited that it worked out for sure but at the same time its like really?! now my cooking works out after all the other recipes didn't! I just would really like to know if i'm good at this or not so i can decide whether or not i need to pick a new game plan. I still feel like its what i should do because if it wasn't none of the things i made would work out so maybe it's just like what they say "anything worth having (or in my case doing) is worth working for" and i just need to continue to work at it and things will gradually get better especially once school starts. Anyways thats it for now!

2 comments:

  1. well, i've liked every recipe you've tried on us. so, you must be doing something right! :) keep going and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been envious of your talent/skill/nack for the culinary arts. Not every recipe works out even for the best chefs. Keep it up they always look cute and taste great.

    ReplyDelete